Skip to main content

*flash back*

When i drive my car to office this morning, suddenly i start to sing and worship God, i think about all the goodness in my life.. i'm still amazed how everything went this far..and all for good.

I went out from sumba in 1992, from comfort living with my parent to a different world. I went to Malang and studied at SMAK COR JESU, i stayed in dormitory there, all girls.. and those girls i live with slowly changed my life from a tomboy girl to a girl who finally can see a boy not just a buddy..and i grew up to know my God even more at GKI Tumapel.. i still miss all those memories there.
I once had a best friend, her name is dini, we stayed in dorm together, we went to the same church, we even had our SIDI together, lots of memories, happy and sad, many secrets.. then she died on 1996 in surabaya. I was so sad. That's one of the hardest moment in my life..losing someone i care about. Its been 11 years now.i can still remember her obviously..
Anyway, after graduated from high school, i went to university in surabaya in 1995, i studied at UK Petra majoring of Civil Engineering. To tell you the truth i wasn't planning to study there actually i was planning to take a medical school, and i have registered to several school including Trisakti, and i also have a chance to study at UKI. But the plan changed so fast after my grandpa died just few days before i went to jakarta. I went back to sumba for the funeral and my dream to be a doctor was buried with my grandpa. After that my dad told me to study civil eng. this is a subject i had no idea about but i had no choice.. Then there i was..i spent 4.5 years studied at UKP and graduated in early 2000, then found a job...not satisfied with my job then i found an opportunity to move to jakarta...
I moved to JKT in january 2001 then moved to Bali on feb 2002..when jakarta was coverd by a tons of flood..:) from bali i went back to jakarta in 2003, then i found that jakarta is where i want to spend the rest of my life..
I took my master degree at Pelita Harapan Uni in mid of 2003, then finished it in the next 4 semester.
By the time i took my master degree, i also worked as a property agent, this is the work that has developed so much in my life. I finally can drive anywhere i go in jakarta without get lost, i can meet so many people that would be possible for me to meet if i'm not work in this business, i even went abroad for the first time, its singapore.. finally i got my passport. I have tried to apply for passport many times before but it was rejected, dont know why..finally i was approved and i went to singapore for free..
Anyway..life went by i met hundreds of friends..i have been in relationships that changed my perspectives, my life with all ups and downs..i have been in situations that make me act like a stupid girl or even a grown up woman..so many bad and good decisions, bad and good reactions, etc.. in the end i realized only the good one last forever but i never sorry for the bad ones coz if i never make a stupid mistake how can i learn from it.
I really thank God for the family i have in IFGF Sarbini. I went there for the first time in early 2004, there i felt like home.. i didn't want to go somewhere else again.. I grew up knowing that i had so much to be thankful for, knowing that i'm loved and precious and nothing can take away all the love i had from me..coz it is God's Love, a Father's love.. i'm so blessed to grew up in the family of God, among all the sisters and brothers who really cares..then early 2006 i met David in normal way. He was introduced by King2, and i responded him normaly..nothing happened..at least for me..^_^ then the time goes by, we finally got close after BEAT retreat on may, then we finally launch our flag on July..then on dec he proposed..then got married on May 20th 2007..what a wonderful journey..very fast and enjoyable...^_^
ups..one more ..i got pregnant now..this is something that beyond my expectation, if i look back to my life in the past..i dont understand how could i be so blessed...
I'm so thankful for my life..and i never regret everything i went through in the past, it makes me more appreciate all the grace and mercy i have now..

Tomorrow i'm going back to sumba for my brother's wedding on saturday.. i really missed my home..i want to eat fried singkong at Mom's kebon..go to the beach..but i only got 4 days there..i had to go back jakarta on monday..

anyway all i wanna say that..in whatever situation we are now, there's no need for us to question all the goodness in our life..all we need is just to enjoy and be grateful.. because its grace from GOD..none of us deserve anything good in life if not because of GOD's grace.. i thank GOD for my friendships and family....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan is 8 months and 1 week

I almost forgot to update this blog.. Last monday we went to hospital for Ethan's 3rd IPD vaccine . Ethan's weight was 9.1kg and length was 6.9cm according to the doctor but i was pretty sure that ethan is taller than that..hehehe coz last month he's already 6.9cm..i'm gonna do measure again myself :) anyway.. I thank God that ethan is growing very fast.. even untill now he still has no teeth coming out, but he can eat crackers already.. Just today i witness that he can stand up by himself by holding my clothes, so amazing.. he always amazed me each day..and i'm so glad that i can see he grows everyday.. He's so smart.. sometimes he does thing that i cant understand where he learn that from. Like dropping things on purpose.. etc.. He's so adorable.. i never get tired of hugging and kissing him :) Can't wait until he calls me mommy and walk.. I'm so blessed to have him as my son.. Me and David is a blessed parent for having him..

Ethan's funny pictures

IMG-20120213-01754.jpg

This is ethan on his birthday, ready for bed..he loves his new Mario pajama..